Saturday, September 20, 2014

after all

I saw a cloud that looked like a dolphin
I heard a dolphin that sounded like an old man laughing
the old man’s laugh felt as radiant as the sun shining
the sunshine warmed my heart until the clouds returned, dark as a raven
it reminded me that a heart can ache so
yet after the broken heart
rain and raven clouds retreat
and I see a rainbow
and the rainbow is like nothing else on earth
yet the earth is like a pebble
tossed upon a great ocean called universe
and the universe is infinite
and infinity is no more or less miraculous 
than a single living cell
which is no more or less miraculous than 
the atoms that comprise it
and no more or less miraculous than the empty space between it,
that is indeed by no means empty, but a 
force of harmony after all.

© 2009 - 2014 Thomas Hillman, Mere Words Evoke, poetic expressions



No comments:

Post a Comment