Thursday, November 15, 2012

lesson learned



I stopped to rest off a quiet trail
to try and observe and meld with nature
away from the constant unnatural noise
of humankind

the wind was whistling and whispering in
my ear with a tickle
but I could not understand its message

butterflies and a multitude of other insects
flitted by, each for a brief visit,
but we could not share in conversation

robins, sparrows and a crow sang a variety
of unique songs
but I could not mimic to sing along with them

the sun and the rain took a few turns
drenching me in showers, it seemed 
puzzling, until I saw the rainbow’s finale

but my sojourn held no shortcomings after all, for an important  lesson was learned –
all that is alive is amazing, and all that is alive is a gift.

@2009-2012 Thomas Hillman, Mere Words Evoke, poetic expressions



No comments:

Post a Comment